Rob Nixon is the CEO and Founder of PANALITIX, a software as a service (SaaS) platform that provides analytical accounting data from small businesses to accountants around the world. Rob does a lot of education work in Australia and New Zealand with accountants and showing them how/why to outsource to the Philippines. We did a question and answer with Rob about his experience with the Philippines.
- PANALITIX is a software as a service (SaaS) that provides analytical accounting data from small businesses to Accountants around the world
- I have been working with Accountants for 21 years yet I m not one – I left school when I was 16
- This is my 8th company and by far the most exciting
- I educate Accountants on how to run a better business and how they can help their clients run better businesses
- I constantly tell accountants they need to outsource repetitive tasks to lower cost labour in developing countries
- I have been outsourcing to India for 4 years and the Philippines for 2 years.
- We love the time zone difference – 2 hours
- We love the English speaking abilities
- We love the abundance of labour
- We love the cost benefit – Australia is 5 times more expensive for the same task when all costs are added
- Definitely cost – 5 times difference
- Eagerness to work – the Philippine team member wants to work and they work hard
- easy to get along with
- The service culture means they want to serve and please their customers
- if you don’t train the new team or give them clear instructions if will not work
- you have to initially travel to get the team up and running*
(*Note: Check out our other post about Mike O’Hagan’s Manila tours)
- create good systems so the worker knows what to do
- have good quality IT so solid communication can take place quickly
- have 100% of systems cloud based – no transfer of files.
- Not initially. Go through a BPO and get the hang of working with a remote team.
- Then when the team is 20+ think about incorporating.
- If you’re going to have a team over 10 people there needs to be management in place to keep them working
- My latest seminar tour is in Australia and New Zealand in July & August. Covering 12 cities.
- It is designed for Accounting firms and their team members
- Full day workshop on how to to future proof the accounting firm and remain relevant.
Learn more about the Philippines:
Simon Meers of Wint and Kidd, tells his story about how he transitioned his Australian company to the Philippines and eventually opened an outsourcing company. Read more about Simon’s story.
Clare Matchett, another Australian shares her story about HR challenges in the Philippines, how they recruit, hire and manage their team as well as why she learned Tagalog. Read more about Clare’s story.
David Elefant has worked with tons of business owners wanting to setup in the Philippines. He is a fantastic resource to get your setup questions answered. Read more about David and what he is doing in the Philippines.
If your interested in learning more about setting up in the Philippines then check out Mike O’Hagan‘s tours. He brings in entrepreneurs looking to see first hand how it all works. Read more about Mike.