I find myself reflecting on past travels from time to time…
Today I was reminded of a vivid bar night that took place while visiting some friends studying at the Sorbonne. It was 4am and I got into a conversation with a Swiss-German Tech Entrepreneur over how Europeans Work to Live while he thought that North Americans Live to Work.
I like to think we build companies with the spirit of Let My People Go Surfing.
So, how does “working to live” get implemented at the PayrollHero.com Whistler Office?
I guess like all things – It all depends…
There are many work schedule options anyone can elect to participate in including:
- 4×10; three day “weekend” every week.
- 5×9 and take every other Friday off.
- Late morning start so you can ride the powder.
- Work weekends and play weekdays when the hills are bare.
Pretty much we’re open for anything as long as you:
- Have consensus with your pair if you are pairing on a new critical feature.
- You attend the Weekly Engineering Meeting (Monday’s 15:07-16:07).
- You present at the daily huddle on the days you are working 16:37-16:52.
- If you are working on a new feature; you would be expected to attend all ideation meetings.
We understand and encourage the need for flexibility on snow days in the winter and 30 degree+ days in the summer.
What sort of work schedule would you be interested in?
Pingback: PayrollHero Adventure Engineering Team Grows By +1 | Payroll Hero Blog
Pingback: Whistler, British Columbia: The Best Place For A Startup | Payroll Hero Blog