Our next feature for the Celebrity Interview segment is former PBA player for the Meralco Bolts: Shawn Weinstein. Shawn also co-founded the PR firm WJG Asia and is currently a television host for Fox Sports Asia. We asked him about his experiences in the Philippines as an American Filipino.
1. What do you love about living in the Philippines?
The Philippines is a country with warm, friendly people and amazing natural resources. The flexibility and emphasis on family and social activities makes the country unique. The country’s passion for basketball is among the highest in the world. From a business perspective there are many and varied opportunities as the economy continues to grow and modernize.
2. What are you top 5 favourite restaurants and why?
1. Antonio’s Tagaytay– Fresh Ingredients, Robust Flavors, Scenic backdrop… Best restaurant in the Philippines…Steak! Steak! Steak!
2. Ark Café– Located in Makati’s, Manila’s business district, Great for Meetings and the chicken tacos are stellar.
3. Charlie’s Grind and Grill– No better burger in Manila!
4. Fely J’s– Filipino Cuisine at it’s finest. A Kare Kare which would make any Lola proud.
5. Wildflour Café and Bakery– Modern fusion menu, social setting is trendy…Kimchi brisket fried rice is outstanding and addictive.
3. You are from the US, is the fact that Applebee’s is making an entrance to the Philippines a big deal for you?
Applebee’s is a popular food chain in the United States and it is nice to see the addition to the Philippine market.
4. What other North American brand do you miss and would like to see in the Philippines?
In n Out burger would be at the top of my list. Fresh burgers made to order while you wait and hand cut french fries is a delicious choice that most of the Philippines would enjoy.
5. What is your favourite Philippine brand restaurant that should expand overseas?
I would love to see Antonio’s Tagaytay make its way overseas. Growing up in Los Angeles, California. I am sure it fits the profile of quality establishments that seasoned food lovers would appreciate.
Read more interviews;
Sean Anthony, PBA Player talks about restaurants in the Philippines
Pingback: Celebrity Interview: Rocco Nacino, Actor
Pingback: PayrollHero's First Twitter Contest!