‘Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.’
– Harry S. Truman
Jack Daly has been on a tour of Southeast Asia the last few weeks. EO Philippines brought Jack in to speak to the chapter a couple weeks ago, then Jack dropped into Singapore to speak to the EO Singapore chapter follow by Jack being on of the keynotes for EO Brisbane’s Rob Nixon for his wildly popular accountant conference in Bali, Indonesia.
I was given a copy of Jack’s new book Hyper Sales Growth and it is a great read. It covers lots of great tips for building and running a sales organization. Some of the learning I took away from reading the book;
- If you don’t have an assistant, you are one
- Never quote price until you establish value
- People are different, sell accordingly
- We are what we think we are, raise the bar
- Hire slowly; fire quickly. You are never “fully staffed”
- Goals not in writing are dreams
- Professionalism requires a lifelong learning. Instil a program of books, audio/videos, and seminars
- plus much more…
The book is packed with solid, actionable tactics to growing your business. It is worth the read and it is even better to hit one of Jack’s events/webinars/seminars.
Last time he was in Vancouver, we arranged to get some one on one personal time with Jack. You can to… check out how we did it.
What book should I read next? Any suggestions, drop them in the comments. I’m always interested in sales development books.
On that note, here is what some of the team was reading a few months ago. I will get an updated list for a new post.
We even suggest books that applicants looking to work with us should read. Check out the list over on our jobs page.