The Inaugural Restaurant Technology Meetup Manila took place tonight in The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Boardroom at the top of the Muji/Gap building on High Street in Fort Bonifacio.
The event was a big success. There were 40 restaurant owners/managers that registered to attend the event, which usually means you get about 25, but we had over 40 show up.
I presented for the opening meetup on the topic of “10 Tech Tools Your Restaurant Should be Using“, which was a general overview of some of the tools that I think are important for restaurants to think about using within their business.
In no particular order, I covered:
1. SEO (search engine optimization)
2. Google Local
5. Your Own Website
10. so much more….
Do you fee like you missed out? Don’t worry, we will continue to run the Restaurant Technology Meetup around the Philippines. Register now to be notified of the next meetup.
You can see the slides here:
Want to see all of the photos from the meetup… head over to our Facebook page for the collection.
We have been working hard on our iOS TeamClock (previously called TimeClock) apps and have rolled out a bunch of changes to them. In the most recent update you will notice:
- Added progress information when full sync is occurring.
- Add Queued Clockings counter to Gender page.
- Convert iPhone ClockIn Photo background to black.
- Update common code to handle proper server error codes from AFNetworking
- Update Creates TimeClock button look.
- Renamed app from TimeClock to TeamClock
- Add code to correctly attempt config information from the server if the app fails to be able to display the background image.
- Add Props back in to clock photo taking (watch for your new glasses)
- Remove transparency from iPhone top bar to prevent screen resizing
- Updated iPhone to use new Video Capture session common code
- Update of common code for potential fix of assert crash in Queue.
- Improve Video capture image preview to be more responsive
- Fix camera orientation for video playback.
- Fix for crash on iPhone/iPod devices when tapping OK on alert view when clocking in/out
- Some general bug fixes
Let us know what you think! We would love your feedback.
PayrollHero‘s time, attendance, scheduling and analytics platform is available worldwide.
Feel free to reach out to us for a personalize demo anytime by filling in the quick form on our website.
PayrollHero gets better every day. Feedback from our internal teams and clients help us shape the platform so that it is of more use to all of our clients. Here are a couple of new or updated features rolled out into the platform today:
1. How to set-up Extra COLA for Regular Holidays
Pursuant to the Philippine Proclamation No. 629, the following rules for COLA shall apply
If worked, the employee should get 200% of COLA or equivalent to Php60.00
If unworked, the employee should get 100% of COLA or equivalent to Php30.00
You can see complete details on this feature here
2. How to Export the Employee Clock ins and outs?
This feature has been in the platform for a long time, but we added the functionality to have the system generate the report in the background and email it to you when it is complete. As larger clients join the PayrollHero platform the report can take a few moments to complete, this feature frees up payroll administrators to continue doing their work while PayrollHero is working behind the scenes.
You can see how the attendance export feature works here
The Restaurant Technology Meetup is a gathering of restaurant owners, managers, payroll and HR professionals who are interested in learning more about how technology can help grow and streamline their business operations.
No sales pitches… just a free learning environment designed to foster networking and learning amongst restaurant professionals.